The Encyclopedia of Hidden History
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music for Expanding Consciousness

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Music for Expanding Consciousness Empty Music for Expanding Consciousness

Post  Guest Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:06 pm

Here is some music I've found that really helps to focus the mind; silence that background hiss, and promote the clarity needed to expand and ascend.

I must note, these are not pieces you listen to one song at a time, it is something that throughout the album you become slowly immersed, to the point where you may even get so deep inside your own head that your ears no longer hear it Ugh o Each individual song here is just a taste.

Fejd - Storm

I'll go against the norm right away I suppose. There is a lot going on here as opposed to the traditional light and airy, or droning music associated with altered states...I'm sure you're aware how hard it is to describe these kind of things, so I'll just spurt and hope you get the message. This is a kind of gray, but not gloomy, calm, fall rainy day sort of music.

Folkearth - Minstrels by the River

Hell, youtube has the whole album, I might as well just give it to ya. This is a very layered piece; light, airy flutes, acoustic guitar, deep heavy string, and vocals spanning all three ranges. Has a very layered sort of feel as well; very summery, all shades of green, with dark wood kind of in there too. This is definitely not one too play too loud, just loud enough to hear every piece, but no more.

Gjallarhorn - Suvetar

Makes me kind of want to roll around in a wheat field...naked Ugh under the warm summer sun. Very carefree, upbeat, but in a very subtle non-hippie way. Beautiful layered female vocals in the foreground, with pretty much everything else in the back; drums and didge mostly, but with flute and violin as well.

Hosoo Transmongolia - The Shaman From Northern Mongolia

Mount your trusty steed, ride through the endless steppe. This is epic, yet very calm and relaxed, as opposed to most epic music being very intense. Lots of strings, but the crazy vocals these guys do is, well...crazy! Once you've heard that distinctive style (no real consensus on the name, lot of people call it Tuvan throat singing, though it ain't just Tuvans that do it) you'll never forget it.

Shaman - Riechu (no not the Pokemon Grin)

One of my all time favorites. Very spacey acoustic guitar, contrasted with the rather condensed (opposite of spacey I guess) drums. That and those yoiks, feels like you're flying through space after a while. Definitely listen to this at night while in a good mood.

Therion - Land of Canaan

Anything really by these guys, this is just awesomely bizarre. Opera metal summarizes it nicely. Very melodic, non-abrasive like some metal can be. Listen in, take a journey, back in time, hear the tales of old, see the great cities of Sumeria, rediscover the lost continent of Atlantis.

Wardruna

The best, by far. Listen sparingly; when used right, this is the most enlightening sounds you may ever hear. My third eye opened listening to this. Listen to this only when alone, in pitch black, in deafening silence, in the dead of night, while in bed.

Back to top Go down

Music for Expanding Consciousness Empty Re: Music for Expanding Consciousness

Post  TheArchivist Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:35 am

Wow, great post, Allen! I look forward to giving these a listen tonight. Bounce 
TheArchivist
TheArchivist
Webmaster

http://the7thsphere.t15.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  TheArchivist Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:48 pm

I finally listened to Fejd last night (do you have any idea how to pronounce their name?); I loved the music, but the vocals seemed to distract from it.
TheArchivist
TheArchivist
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:21 pm

They pronounce it something like f-h-aei-d if that makes any sense.

Anyways, I couldn't imagine any other vocal style that would really match that music, so I think that vocalist does a great job.

Back to top Go down

Post  TheArchivist Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:19 pm

Oh, I wasn't saying that there's anything wrong with the music, or that the musicians lack talent; I was just saying that the vocals didn't work for me, at this moment in time. Smile

What I'd enjoy these days is some of that (Swedish folk? It sounds almost Gaelic) music with no vocals at all.

I have Folkearth, too... going to give them a listen tonight.
TheArchivist
TheArchivist
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:13 pm

I couldn't really give you any tips on instrumental things...I enjoy vocals far too much. To me, instrumental music just doesn't have that same soul.

Back to top Go down

Post  TheArchivist Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:36 pm

I used to feel the same way. Alas, life is change... Meditate 
TheArchivist
TheArchivist
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:24 pm

Perhaps...on one hand everything seems to change, on the other everything stays the same.

Back to top Go down

Post  TheArchivist Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:54 pm

Well, there are the Two Perspectives again! From the Absolute point of view, nothing really changes -- it simply is. From our Relative perspective here on Earth, everything is in constant flux. The Absolute just sees it all as movement within proscribed limits -- a Dance. We can't even see to the edges of the dance floor -- it is far past our horizon -- so things appear to come and go. Actually, the dance floor is infinite, so nothing ever leaves it. How much change can that be, from the Absolute perspective?
TheArchivist
TheArchivist
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:05 pm

I take it from your separation of absolute and relative perspective you do not believe in collective consciousness, or it being imbedded in the whole of reality?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum